at the Gite of Montcéré !
A VERY QUIET cottage for your holidays, in the countryside, in South-West of France !
This former rural school has a tastefully renovated bewitching charm. It offers all the modern comforts, private grounds of 900 m2 surrounding the cottage, and a terrace overlooking the forest.
The location is unique, in the middle of the woods, along the Gorges de l'Aveyron. It is a very quiet place ! It is situated in the north of the Tarn department (in the South-West of France), in the area of the town of Penne-du-Tarn. Here is the Pays de Vaour, prized for its heritage and unspoiled nature.
The cottage is located 100 m from an hiking trail: the GR 46, going from Rocamadour to Castelnau-de-Montmirail, through Penne and Bruniquel ; ideal for walks or biking. The river Aveyron is not far away with water activities. The countryside is populated by deers and many other wild animals. With a bit of luck, in the evening or in the morning, you will see some of them from the terrace!
House of 150m2 with 3 bedrooms, bathroom (bathtub + shower), terrace, lounge, equipped kitchen.
Privative ground of 900m2 (closed) to park your car(s).
The cottage is independent, isolated in a wooded nature, unspoilt. Moreover, the surrounding area is classified NATURA 2000 by the European Union. Locally this is specially protecting the birds.
Attractions & activities
- Quietness & hiking on site : GR 46 at 100 m ;
- Several medieval villages within 10 km : Penne, Bruniquel, Montricoux, Saint Antonin Noble Val;
- River Aveyron at 2 km (gorges de l'Aveyron) and water activities (canoeing, swimming);
- Tour of the Bastides Albigeoises - without forgetting the very touristy Cordes-sur-Ciel, Puycelsi, Castelnau de Montmirail, etc.
- Horse riding and pony (riding close);
- Walk in the forest of Grésigne;
- Visits of castles (Castle of Penne, Castles of Bruniquel);
- Art & History city tours: Montauban (31 km - 35mn), Albi (55 km - 1h), Cahors (57 km - 55 mn), Moissac (73 km - 1h), Toulouse (86 km - 1h15 );
- Local history of the templars and of the cathars;
- Search & discovery of the dovecots of south-west of France, amazing local heritage.
Easy access ; from Montauban or Caussade plan 30mn by car (please contact the owner for a detailed explanation).
rocky road for 300m at the arrival.